Sunday, March 11, 2018

RoadTrip: Panda 4x4 trip to Namibia




            My last post is devoted to something other than the Namibian government or top news. Rather, I found this interesting narrative about some tourists who took a Fiat Panda Cross across the terrain of the Namibian desert via 4-wheel drive. The story he narrates is one of adventure and thrill, the Fiat getting a flat, the folks getting lost in the dead of the night, having to at some point sleep overnight in the freezing desert. When reading the narrative, I keep thinking of our adventures in Namibia. I hope that we don’t get lost, or fall vulnerable to a punctured tire, or much less sleep on the bus in the middle of the freezing desert. Still, the narrator mentions how the town they visited was dead in the middle of the night, on top of explaining how they were driving for hours in the middle of nowhere to get to this town. This already paints an image in my head about the distribution of population in the country and how we may come to realize that at some points in our trip, we’ll only have one another to keep each other company.


            Now I hope we didn’t book a bunch of Fiat Pandas to move around the country.  

References:


-Mark Buckup

1 comment:

  1. I am considering road-tripping after our seminar, but I definitely am scared of many of the possible dangers you point out, such as getting lost! Ultimately it may not be wisest for me to do so, at least not in a small group...Hopefully Cecilia and I can recruit some of the rest of the class to join us!
    -Michelle H, 3/11

    ReplyDelete